Citywide Call-In Bible Answers TV Show #7: Keeping Sabbath, Mormons, Charismatics, Born Sinners, Sex
Larry Wessels, director of Christian Answers of Austin, Texas/ Christian Debater (see the Christian Answers main YouTube channel page for all uploaded videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/CAnswersTV; see also our websites: http://www.BibleQuery.org, http://www.HistoryCart.com, & http://www.MuslimHope.com) is joined by the \"In Defense of the Faith\" crew in this special live telecast (at the time it was recorded). \"In Defense of the Faith\" aired for 15 years on public access television in Austin, Texas to over 300,000 households. The premise for the show was very simple, to answer people's questions & arguments (Jude 3) concerning the Bible & to consistently present the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For other multiple Bible answer telecasts please see our playlist \"End Times, Supernatural Prophecies, Tough Bible Questions\" at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL141F26 1EEFCFD536.
Questions answered in this broadcast:
1. What about keeping the Sabbath day & what does that mean Biblically?
2. What are the required ordinances that accompany keeping the Sabbath day?
3. What about Herbert W. Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God & the Trinity?
4. What about all the variations within churches that call themselves Christian?
5. What about Joseph Smith's Mormon religion & his Book of Mormon?
6. What about someone who has never heard of the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Will they still be saved because of their ignorance?
7. What about the Charismatic movement & is speaking in tongues necessary for salvation?
8. What about Benny Hinn & his Word-Faith theology (which is similar to the Trinity Broadcasting Network - TBN) & his use of the Dake's Study Bible?
9. Are infants & children born with a sin nature & are they prone to wickedness?
10. How bad is having a sexual affair such as fornication & adultery?
11. What about \"Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing\"?
Apologetics, simply put, is the defense of the Christian faith and message. We find the following instruction in 1 Peter 3:15, \"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect.\" (1 Peter 3:15, ESV)
\"Brothers and fathers, hear the defense that I now make before you.\" (Acts 22:1, ESV)
And when the governor had nodded to him to speak, Paul replied: \"Knowing that for many years you have been a judge over this nation, I cheerfully make my defense.\" (Acts 24:10)
\"It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you kin my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel.\" (Philippians 1:7, ESV)
Believers in Jesus Christ are told in Scripture that they must have the ability to defend the Christian faith. That is, we have to be able say what we believe and why we believe it.
On what basis do we say that Jesus is the divine Son of God, the eternal second person in the Trinity?
On what basis do we say that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God, and our guide for faith and life?
On what basis do we say that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, over against all other religions' claims?
These types of questions, and more, are addressed in the study of Apologetics.
We learn the answers to these questions by digging deep in Bible studies. Bible studies help us understand what God is saying to His people.
This video series is a televised version of authentic street preaching by three real street preachers. If you currently do not have a good, Bible believing church home (Hebrews 10:25) feel free to access our church with online streaming church services at http://www.DayspringChapel.org until you find one in your area.